- This event has passed.
Speaking Peace – An Intro to Non-Violent Communication – with Gail McManus – ONLINE
January 9 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
SPEAKING PEACE – with Gail McManus
a Nonviolent Communication workshop – ON ZOOM
Saturday, January 9, 2021 2-4pm (Intro workshop)
Suggested Contribution: $10-20
Register with Gail at email@example.com to receive Zoom link
In the Speaking Peace with NVC workshop participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice the empathic and empowering NVC skills, so useful especially at this time. The NVC process will serve as a guide for deep listening and safe
speaking as we meet in community with one another. The goal is to provide the possibility for, connection, support, transformation and creative action.
Speaking Peace workshop topics address such questions as:
- What are the underlying intentions for my words and actions?
- What are the needs and values important to me?
- How may I actualize these needs and values through strategies of my choosing?
- How may I navigate conflict with integrity and understanding for all involved?
- How to make requests that are more likely to be met than demands.
Participants support each other as each practices refreshing ways to connect with themselves and in relationships.
Gail McManus specializes in Communication Coaching and Conflict Resolution. Her background includes studying with many skilled leaders in the field, including Dr. Marshall Rosenberg who developed Nonviolent Communication. Gail has a practice in Santa Monica, CA, where she consults with private clients and leads regular NVC practice sessions.